Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Queen Bee

One of my favorite new stamps is the Queen Bee set from Close To My Heart.  I just love the little bee, and the sentiments work for so many occasions!  The best part is that I got the Thin Cuts to match the stamped images, so I don't have to do any fussy cutting (who has time for that?).  You can see here that any image outlined in blue comes with a matching Thin Cut.



We've been lucky to have some sunny, warm days recently, so when I finally had a chance to sit down to play with my new stamp set, I decided to use it for a card. I used the black and white patterned paper from the current mix-in packet, but it needed a pop of color.  Sweet Leaf is my favorite green from the Close To My Heart palette, and I liked the softness of the color paired with the bold pattern of the background paper.  The card design that I was using (from Originals, a retired card pattern book) had three two-inch squares in the middle of the card.  I stamped the bottom two squares and was happy with the look, but then I got stuck.  I wasn't sure what to put in the top square, but ultimately I decided that the little bee was so cute that I needed to use it twice!


The bee in the middle square is popped up with some foam tape to give it some extra dimension.  I also used my clear Shimmer Brush to fill in the Sweet Leaf hearts, which gives this card a little bit of sparkle.  To color the bees, I used my Blending Pen to pick up a little bit of ink from my Lemonade Exclusive Inks cover.  To do this, simply squeeze the ink pad before opening it, and you'll see some of the ink on the inside cover.  Swipe the Blending Pen over the ink, color your image until you need more color, get some more ink from the cover, and continue until your image is done.  When I'm finished, I grab a piece of scrap paper to clean my Blending Pen; simply color on the scrap paper until all of the color is gone from your Blending Pen.  This is a great way to color your stamped images with any of the ink pads you have in your stash!  (The Blending Pen is retired, but you could use this same technique with a Water Brush.)  The final touch was using the Blending Pen with Sea Foam ink to make the wings stand out a little bit.  

I hope that you liked this card and that these cute bees made you smile!  If you're interested in any of the products used to create this card (I've highlighted them in purple), please follow the links below to my website.  Thank you and happy creating! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Winter Friends!

The wind is blowing really hard this morning, and my husband just informed me that SNOW is expected for tonight! I guess that means it is in...